Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Do you agree that Dreamville should have pushed Omen instead of Bas?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

MILticket

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

MILticket

• 24 posts

Nowadays its all about branding... Bas has a little movement with SMF(super mookin' fiends). Not to mention Bas has merch that actually sells. I seen Javale Mcgee with a Fiend shirt. His songs are good enough to stomach. The super lyrical peope never really blow so Bas will be just fine. Interscope seen enough in him to approve a commercial release. His promo's have been on point also. Needless to say I can't say any of this about Omen. There was one point when I was asking people if Cole still messed with Omen because he was MIA... Omen can rap better but Bas make better songs. 

• MsGray15 likes this

MILticket

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

MILticket

• 24 posts

1. Real talk dreamville, cole whoever are faggots for not pushing Omen like they did Bas, Bas came outta nowhere and got his album in stores :wtf5: kinda loyalty is that?? I gurantee omen was pissed deep down, but probably didnt say shit

2. Omen sucks though woulda failed anyway

3. Bas isnt even good, but hes the poor mans schoolboy q of dreamville, so hes ok with the hype tracks

4. Last winter sucks but like 3-4 songs

5. Bas is a fatass james harden

6. dreamville losing

7. tde will be the goat rap group of all time behind wu tang :yeshrug:

How fair is it to compare Dreamville to TDE??? and this is actually a WIN-WIN for Dreamville. They commercially released an album that was intended to be a free mixtape? Now Bas is about to tour on his own? That money across the board for Dreamville. Please explain the L...

• JimmyBuckets NC likes this

eviltroyandevilabed

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

eviltroyandevilabed

• 1,128 posts

• The Fisher King

Black Hippy is the rap group not TDE (since that's the label)...correct? Have they even released a group tape yet? Also, no way are they considered next to Wu-Tang...so many other rap groups that you could name and to give it to a mediocre group like Black Hippy. 

• Kold and JimmyBuckets NC like this

Z__

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Z__

• 97 posts

Last Winter was mediocre besides three songs. One of them is only good due to the Cole feature so we can't really count that song since it would be trash with Bas on it alone.

T-Criza

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

T-Criza

• 53 posts

How fair is it to compare Dreamville to TDE??? and this is actually a WIN-WIN for Dreamville. They commercially released an album that was intended to be a free mixtape? Now Bas is about to tour on his own? That money across the board for Dreamville. Please explain the L...

Very fair to compare the two, dreamville has been around probably just as long as tde, cole has had a buzz before kdot and kdot somehow  blew bigger( can be debated, so stfu and dont say cole is bigger i get it)

lmaooooooooo just checked the numbers for last winter, this nigga lost

" Bas enters the chart at #103 with 3,601 albums sold in its first week with his Last Winter effort. "

hahahahahahha

lmaofoaoaooa

hahahahahahaha

the tour is the only good thing, but that shows how many ppl actually will support fat james harden, i like some of his shit and quarter water, but he aint worth supporting yet, thats the L. Released an album for it to only sell 3000, i can probably name 3000 ppl in my small town, fuck outta here dreamville lost, what a waste of money

Dreamville spends 3000 copies worth of money on food in a month, good job dreamville you have funded next months food budget with the release of Last Winter

:yeshrug:

Grandpa Simba

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Grandpa Simba

• 206 posts

Very fair to compare the two, dreamville has been around probably just as long as tde, cole has had a buzz before kdot and kdot somehow  blew bigger( can be debated, so stfu and dont say cole is bigger i get it)

" Bas enters the chart at #103 with 3,601 albums sold in its first week with his Last Winter effort. "

hahahahahahha

lmaofoaoaooa

hahahahahahaha

the tour is the only good thing, but that shows how many ppl actually will support fat james harden, i like some of his shit and quarter water, but he aint worth supporting yet, thats the L. Released an album for it to only sell 3000, i can probably name 3000 ppl in my small town, fuck outta here dreamville lost, what a waste of money

Dreamville spends 3000 copies worth of money on food in a month, good job dreamville you have funded next months food budget with the release of Last Winter

:kobe: you a dumbass

• CarolinaFiend, eviltroyandevilabed and MILticket like this

T-Criza

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

T-Criza

• 53 posts

:kobe: you a dumbass

but you dont have a reason to show why? :camby:

if your right and ether me, ill take my L but

gotta throw something at me at least then say im a dumbass

Spartan23R

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Spartan23R

• 207 posts

Very fair to compare the two, dreamville has been around probably just as long as tde, cole has had a buzz before kdot and kdot somehow blew bigger( can be debated, so stfu and dont say cole is bigger i get it)
hahahahahahha
lmaofoaoaooa
hahahahahahaha

Well TDE as a group has a bigger buzz than Dreamville.. Not only because of Kendrick but also Q, Rock, Soul etc.... They all well known unlike Bas or Omen. And Cole is the CEO, so this is an amazing step for the whole team regardless..

Dreamville won by putting value to the music and not bringing it out for free. This is only the start.

The fuck you think? A very unknown artist to sell 100k first week? Dreamville know that Bas wouldnt sell a lot, but now Bas got his own tour and this is only the start.

T-Criza

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

T-Criza

• 53 posts

Well TDE as a group has a bigger buzz than Dreamville.. Not only because of Kendrick but also Q, Rock, Soul etc.... They all well known unlike Bas or Omen. And Cole is the CEO, so this is an amazing step for the whole team regardless..

Dreamville won by putting value to the music and not bringing it out for free. This is only the start.

The fuck you think? A very unknown artist to sell 100k first week? Dreamville know that Bas wouldnt sell a lot, but now Bas got his own tour and this is only the start.

i know thats why i said Kdot is winning and dreamville losing, he blew up bigger than cole and thats cuz you can throw in the rocnation shit, kdot just had jay rock but lets be real jay rock isnt even that big.

and well yeah tde is more known now but im comparing how bas tried selling that shit album was an L he shoulda gave it for free, your telling me dreamville didnt lose when someone who has more appeal to a wider fanbase cant outsell ab-soul his first week?

soul sold 5000

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

if i expected 100k i woulda said, no one gonna support this dude Bas that fast, dreamville lost, release this for free and gain more fans or to keep the current ones to show hes gonna be here to stay in the rap game.

Dreamville wasted more money distributing these ass hard copies, and other business costs for 3000 copies, i bet he wont sell 1000 2nd week

Dreamville lost :camby:

JimmyBuckets NC

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

JimmyBuckets NC

• 568 posts

i know thats why i said Kdot is winning and dreamville losing, he blew up bigger than cole and thats cuz you can throw in the rocnation shit, kdot just had jay rock but lets be real jay rock isnt even that big.

and well yeah tde is more known now but im comparing how bas tried selling that shit album was an L he shoulda gave it for free, your telling me dreamville didnt lose when someone who has more appeal to a wider fanbase cant outsell ab-soul his first week?

soul sold 5000

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

if i expected 100k i woulda said, no one gonna support this dude Bas that fast, dreamville lost, release this for free and gain more fans or to keep the current ones to show hes gonna be here to stay in the rap game.

Dreamville wasted more money distributing these ass hard copies, and other business costs for 3000 copies, i bet he wont sell 1000 2nd week

Dreamville lost :camby:

It wasn't Dreamville's idea to release it as a album, that was all Interscope  :camby:

and I doubt Dreamville wasted money on hard copies, it's a limited release at Best Buy anyway.  :camby:

T-Criza

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

T-Criza

• 53 posts

It wasn't Dreamville's idea to release it as a album, that was all Interscope  :camby:

and I doubt Dreamville wasted money on hard copies, it's a limited release at Best Buy anyway.  :camby:

it wasnt only interscope's idea, :camby:

and im sure Dreamville did waste money, i wish we could find the numbers to things like this, so i cant back this one up :sean:

but regardless of how much they spent, they didnt get shit from the album, artists barely get anything from selling so he got like 2000bucks :laff: it was limited release cause they knew he wouldn't sell much which is why i dont understand why they did to begin with instead of just selling online instead of wasting money

p.s. im not sure how it was "limited release" bless me with that info please, i didnt really look into it, is there like specfic amount they put in bestbuy?

Z__

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

Z__

• 97 posts

Dreamville didn't lose for releasing the album commercially, they lost because of even pushing a mediocre rapper like Bas in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users