Photo
- - - - -

Cole only comes out whenever his album is.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#14 Grandpa Simba

Grandpa Simba
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

Makes the music he drops that much more special. Be patient, it's worth it

• Kold likes this

#15 eviltroyandevilabed

eviltroyandevilabed
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

I swear in a few threads a lot of people were saying that he needs to promote better. Tweeting more and having a tumblr or just simply interacting with his fans who don't have the means to attend his concerts is doing more. I don't understand why it's so hard for him to do this. Shit..have someone run his twitter..w/e just interact more. That is certainly a part of his success. 

Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and Drake are in different leagues compared to Cole. They're already big enough to where it doesn't matter but also, I'm pretty sure wayne tweets a lot. 

#16 eviltroyandevilabed

eviltroyandevilabed
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

And I feel like some of you really need to take a trip to tumblr. His quote "ain't no such thing as too thick.." has hit a lot of blogs that never even blog about Cole. So don't tell me social network ain't powerful or helpful. 

#17 eviltroyandevilabed

eviltroyandevilabed
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

I feel like this is a problem with a lot of artists tho..not just Cole. Krit is awful about telling people where his shows are..he waits till last minute. He just now started doing a lot of promoting for Mt. Olympus. Idk..

#18 Head Bussa

Head Bussa
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

Cole should go on ESPN First Take or some sports talk show...Numbers Never Lie...something like that. I've seen Wayne, Fabolous, Drake, Nelly on First Take. Cole knows sports and it would give him an opportunity to do something different and expand his persona. 

Also why the fuck doesn't SNL ever book Cole?? There are artists who are way less known who have been on there. SNL would be some nice promotion for Cole. He does the late night talk shows so why not SNL. Maybe this Fall.

• eviltroyandevilabed likes this

#19 ak.A.A.sh

ak.A.A.sh
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

He's really into timing. I miss the days where we'd get a random track for a milestone or something (Grew Up Fast, Visionz Of Home) but he probably feels like that's "wasting bullets." Plus, we already know he want people to appreciate the music when it comes.

Remember the feeling you got when he tweeted "The Cure", dropped the cover art and then the song after a drought?

• Kold, Equis, J.T. and 2 others like this

#20 TheCure

TheCure
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

The one positive thing about Cole doing this (and probably the reason why) is that to us fans, when Cole announces something, or even drops a song out of the blue, it feels important. That wouldn't be the case if Cole was releasing songs left and right.

I think it really sets him apart from most rappers that are hot right now. 

#21 King Simba

King Simba
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

I think the whole premise of this argument circles around the fact that we basically like Cole for his music AND personality. With new interviews or new tweets, we get to see insights into his personality and what his beliefs and values are. Sure he dropped 2 albums worth of MUSIC, but that is not the only thing people love him for. We, as hardcore fans, know Cole for his persona, how he talks, what tv shows he likes etc... and I think that is one of the main reasons why we like his music more than others: because it is not just his music, but his characteristics. We fuckin act like we know the guy on a personal level (which is an incredible thing for an artist). But, mainstream people don't know that too well and it is maybe why they categorize him as this strict story telling rapper that you can only listen to when your in a deep introspective mood. If they get more of Cole outside of music, I think that would be the smartest move he can make.  Doesn't have to just be neccessarily features (which he def. needs to do more on a larger scale).

It's true. He really should have pushed the born sinner stories a bit harder (it still says the Next 7 coming this summer  :hov: ) cos that is exactly his lane and something that no-one else has really done, if he's able to show that side of him more to the mainstream he'll grow his fanbase a lot quicker. Been said countless times that his promotion needs improving tho, especially going ghost a couple weeks after the album drops.

Features, social media can work if they're done right. Personally I think Kendrick's over-exposed himself after GKMC but I'm sure the music over the rest of his career will speak for itself. End of the day it depends on what Cole really wants, does he want Jay Z superstardom or does he wanna be acknowledged as one of the greatest MCs within hip-hop circles (Nas). I think they're two different paths which require different strategies, but that's open to debate

• heirmozhi likes this

#22 Bliss

Bliss
  • 208 posts
  • LocationZagreb

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

25tjl6t.jpg

• eviltroyandevilabed and TripleOcho like this

#23 Shiva

Shiva
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Lol

#24 Scriiipt

Scriiipt
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

I agree but him doing what he's doing now will keep him in the game longer than anyone else.. you just have to appreciate all the good music he released.. til then, listen to this new TDE artist Isaiah Rashad. If you like late-night, soulful, chill, and laidback music with meaningful lyrics. He's the one for you. Listen to his EP, Cilvia Demo and his unofficial mixtape "Welcome to the Game". You won't regret it...hopefully J. Cole will be back soon haha

• JimmyBuckets NC likes this

#25 eviltroyandevilabed

eviltroyandevilabed
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Cole probably not even real. 

#26 Equis

Equis
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hear niggas dropping songs every week but they weak

• Kold, J.T., JimmyBuckets NC and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to JColeNation!

The forum was erased you must re-register!

Please Login or Register Here to interact with all J. Cole fans.