Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Random J. Cole Thoughts Thread

J. Cole Dreamville J.Cole
* * * * * 9 votes

• Please log in to reply

Lieutenant R

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant R

• 325 posts

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but excluding London Town & Miami, every other city he's going to was mentioned at the beginning of Get Away.  :sad:

Faiz

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Faiz

• 148 posts

Drake has been far more consistent, apart from thank me later which was just aight, quite poor for drake standards, dude has been running the game

Cole had an incredible mixtape era, probably the best I've ever seen from any artist, but his albums have been poor

Kendrick was a damn good mixtape artist, and dropped probably my fave hip hop album in the last 5 years.

Moral of the story, kendrick and drake are running the game and rightfully so as they have earned it, no idea how you faggots are happy for someone of Cole's talent to be settling for 3rd place. I don't know if he is even 3rd tbh, no one talks about him, he's almost like an outsider. 

You're buggin. Born Sinner is dope yo. I don't know wtf y'all nigga's want from the man. It almost disgust me how much hate that album gets. As an artist it stresses me out because I honestly think it's a great effort as an album. Had someone else put out Born Sinner it'd be hailed as one of the best albums of this decade so far. From the songwriting, to the engineering that album is dope. Like theres subtle things in the mixes that still to this day make me feel good. The fact that Cole added Bridges and refrains to his songs also impresses me. He didn't just make beats that loop from beginning to end, the breakdown on LAnd of the snakes is fucking ill !!!! NOBODY else is doing shit like that. Drake did it on Tuscan letter and thats it.

• dnice, JimmyBuckets NC, heirmozhi and 1 other like this

Jack Ball

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Jack Ball

• 988 posts

interest (dont really understand it that well - does he mean the hook/beat or wat)

Head Bussa

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Head Bussa

• 513 posts

haha, Lupe also lost "Airplanes" and "Nothing On You" to B.o.B.

Sparks Will Fly had hit potential even as a bonus track. Cole is a dummy for not recording a music video for it.

• CarolinaFiend and _krowned like this

Jack Ball

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Jack Ball

• 988 posts

looks like Drake has song of the summer yet again - Believe Me

cole missed the opportunity  ...

BUT ANYWAYS:

this is wat has to happen now that im on #TeamNoBundles

day after the warm up tour is over - so july 25 i think:

tweets:

"alright that was great reliving the past with yall for a short period - now its time for the future" 

and just like that tweets out the lead single for album 3 and its fucking amazing like nothing u ever heard before

:ohshit:

and then album drops september october just like that and its a classic

:whew:  

will make all his previous poor decisions ok

:rejoice:

• Grandpa Simba likes this

Head Bussa

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Head Bussa

• 513 posts

We ain't getting an album from Coley Cole till late Winter or Spring '15, homie....He's got to find a way to build the hype back after the Dollar and a Dream Tour.

Jack Ball

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

Jack Ball

• 988 posts

We ain't getting an album from Coley Cole till late Winter or Spring '15, homie....He's got to find a way to build the hype back after the Dollar and a Dream Tour.

"Dislike This"

:kobe2: doing wat i just said it all he has to do to get hype back bruh, drop a single thats different from all his previous shit to prove its a new and improved cole and thats all

his name will b prevalent on social media these coming weeks cause of the tour and then he drops new music 

wat more does he need 

CarolinaFiend

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

CarolinaFiend

• 880 posts

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but excluding London Town & Miami, every other city he's going to was mentioned at the beginning of Get Away.  :sad:

not raleigh tho 

• Lieutenant R likes this

Head Bussa

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Head Bussa

• 513 posts

Sorry, bruh. But I'm on #TeamBundle. Just one bundle and he'll have the net poppin like LeBron swishes.

He has PLENTY in the stash to drop a free bundle. Title the EP, "Now & Forever" and of course drop Now & Forever track that we've all been waiting for. And a freestyle on the Born Sinner promo beat would be sick. 5 free tracks = plenty of hype. Drop it in late Aug/early Sept. Back to school shit.

Let the 5 free tracks soak in for a month and then drop the first single and music video in October. Second single and music video in January. Album drops February of 2015. 375K first week sales guaranteed.

Jack Ball

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Jack Ball

• 988 posts

Sorry, bruh. But I'm on #TeamBundle. Just one bundle and he'll have the net poppin like LeBron swishes.

He has PLENTY in the stash to drop a free bundle. Title the EP, "Now & Forever" and of course drop Now & Forever track that we've all been waiting for. And a freestyle on the Born Sinner promo beat would be sick. 5 free tracks = plenty of hype. Drop it in late Aug/early Sept. Back to school shit.

Let the 5 free tracks soak in for a month and then drop the first single and music video in October. Second single and music video in January. Album drops February of 2015. 375K first week sales guaranteed.

alright fair enough, i guess that works too ... but like i said in my long ass post a couple days ago now that im on team no bundles i just think that it would b easier for him to drop that classic if the first thing he drops over outside production like everyone been waiting for is the album - as opposed to easing people into his new sound with a bundle and then of course running the risk of having people complain about "this song from the bundle shuda been on the album", im actually so fucking tired of seeing people say that on ktt n shit

plus dont wana become too predictable always dropping bundles before every album

but honestly i dont mind either way at this point its all just speculation ive finally learned to just let go and leave cole to make his own decisions without stressing over them too much

him not dropping that bundle on warm up anniversary finally taught me that (of course after a couple days of denial and anger lol)    :stephena:

• Head Bussa likes this

Head Bussa

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Head Bussa

• 513 posts

What about a King Simba track though? Drop it as a promo song. Not the first official single but still put it on the official album tracklist.

• Jack Ball likes this

JCinator

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

JCinator

• 521 posts

What if cole goes back into hiding after the tour  :laff:  just add another L to the collection. I don't think he would but damn I wouldn't doubt it. It's taken longer to get some new cole than it took obama to find bin laden. this fool shoulda gave osama some hidin tips, he woulda still been kickin it in the caves n shit.

N yall keep reminding me of that BS promo beat he didn't use  :floyd:  that woulda been a perfect intro and villuminati woulda been a perfect outro.

• Jack Ball likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)