Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Macklemore is a fakket

• Please log in to reply

Hasman

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hasman

• 299 posts

• The fresh prince, just had dinner with Tatiana, no lie.

MacklemoreText.png

I feel like if it was sincere he would have said it on stage or just texted Kendrick and left it at that. Posting it on IG and twitter before Kendrick even read it most likely is another way to just divert attention to himself and make him look like the hero.

If he means it he should go drop off the grammy at Kendrick's crib and leave it at that.

• BitchezKnow, NYC and Jay Daniels like this

BitchezKnow

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

BitchezKnow

• 58 posts

I feel the same exact way about this. I thought it was distasteful as fuck for him to post up that text message literally after the show was over. I would have respected if he did an interview somewhere and basically said he and Kendrick had a long talk about it or like you said, if he walked up there and straight up said "Kendrick deserved that Best Rap Album" nomination.

• Hasman and dnice like this

Hasman

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hasman

• 299 posts

I feel the same exact way about this. I thought it was distasteful as fuck for him to post up that text message literally after the show was over. I would have respected if he did an interview somewhere and basically said he and Kendrick had a long talk about it or like you said, if he walked up there and straight up said "Kendrick deserved that Best Rap Album" nomination.

Word, he was just cashing in on free press, used Kendrick as publicity.

Like Term X said on the last forum, he should have said something when it mattered.

Akaash

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Akaash

• 414 posts

• I'm the rookie and the vet.
Yeah it almost seemed like he wanted to seem like the good guy and just be accepted. He's obviously not in the wrong though, him winning is out of his control

Equis

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Equis

• 205 posts

I think it was lame how he apologized in the first place for winning. and I also think it was lame that he posted it on the internet too. 

But at the same time, you see all the hate he was getting - he sort of felt he had to please people and this was a way to do it.

only thing worse than death is a regret filled coffin

Shiva

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Shiva

• 97 posts

I think the text before was cool. The text after was so unnecessary. 

dnice

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

dnice

• 22 posts

Not defending him because I agree with you, but he did an interview on Hot97 the next morning explaining why he didn't say it on stage.

• BitchezKnow and Equis like this

Hasman

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hasman

• 299 posts

K Dot won: 

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Very humble way to approach this, just a few positive statements about Macklemore without drawing attention to himself.

It’s well deserved; he did what he did, man... He went out there and hustled and grinded. Everything happens for a reason; the universe comes back around, that’s how it go.

J.T.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

J.T.

• 46 posts

Macklemore was scared to say that Kendrick deserved ROTY on national tv, but can rap "When I was in the 3rd grade I thought that I was gay" on live TV? :comeon:  

I thought what he did was foolish he bought way more attention to himself and ultimately this made him look like an asshole. 

But in the long run Kendrick is going to be more relevant and consistent years from now. I doubt Macklemore can win any other Grammy let alone ROTY again. 

• Hasman, Shiva and Seat like this

TheKing5

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

TheKing5

• 38 posts

All the white people would've been like Kendrick who? 

Kold

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Kold

• 418 posts

Get used to him whether you like him or not. Macklemore will dominate the mainstream and the Grammys for years to come...

• Hasman likes this

Hasman

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hasman

• 299 posts

Get used to him whether you like him or not. Macklemore will dominate the mainstream and the Grammys for years to come...

I like Macklemore when he's making music similar to the shit he made on his come up. Thin Line, Starting Over etc. I just think this move was in bad taste whether or not he intended it to be.

• Kold and NYC like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users